Thursday, November 22, 2012

One Foot in Front of the Other

So, my resolve went out the window...I Googled every word that was given to me when I was told to schedule the diagnostic mammogram. And I'm reading some blogs that I probably shouldn't right now. Blogs that make me imagine the worst case scenario.

I have this habit of trying to visualize situations before they happen. I think I feel like if I know what's coming, I can somehow control it. I do it with vacations, holidays, scary situations, happy situations. Maybe it's normal, or in the words of Dr. Keith Ablow, maybe I'm nuts.

Why does our mind go immediately to the negative? From what I've read from Dr. Google (as one witty blogger calls my latest obsession), the chances are high that they will take a few more pictures on Monday, say everything is fine and send me on my merry way....please!

The truth is, one way or another, everything WILL be fine. I have family, friends, and positive thoughts on my side. :)

I have spent all day trying not to think about it and was able to have a wonderful day with my family. I have a fun weekend ahead celebrating my husband's 50th birthday. I don't want to worry the good times away with possibilities that will probably never happen, right?

New resolve, focus on fun and the many blessings in my life. Monday will come and go...I'll deal with it then. In the words of Scarlett O'Hara, "After all, tomorrow is another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment