Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Time to be Thankful...and Mildly Concerned?

This weekend, I got to spend a fabulous girls only trip with my best friend. It was a wonderful time to relax and re-energize. So thankful for that time!

On the way home, however, I got a call that no one wants to get. It was my "girly" doctor's office telling me that my mammogram came back with "areas of concern" and that I needed to schedule a diagnostic mammogram. Yikes! Out of the blue, no family history, no indications of problems, deep, dark blue....

When I asked for a little more clarification, I was told there was "dense tissue" and " an asymmetrical abnormality". So I am scheduled for the diagnostic mammogram on Monday...which just so happens to be my birthday. Hopefully, nice clear scans will make for a VERY happy birthday!

I will spend this weekend trying not to think about it, not Google too much, and being extremely thankful for this happy holiday time with my sweet husband, family, and good friends. Your positive thoughts and prayers are appreciated! Count those blessings.....happy Thanksgiving! :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Jill- a good friend of mine received almost this EXACT diagnosis two and a half weeks ago. After further testing it turned out to be nothing more than a benign fatty cyst of some sort. Praying for your peace of mind and that this is what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Chelsea! I would welcome the news of this being yet another fatty, yet harmless part of me. :) I mean, my thighs are quite fatty lately and totally benign. Other body parts should join the party!

    ReplyDelete