Sunday, January 26, 2014

New Year, New Discoveries

Thankfully, the results from the needle biopsy were just what we hoped: benign! Now, if only my stinkin' hormones would cut it out....

When I asked the doctor what more I could do to prevent these fabulous fibroid tumors, she said that I was already doing the most important thing.....getting older day by day. Charming! She said as my hormone levels decrease, so will the chances that I develop more of these loves little gems. Glad there's some benefit, right???

Moving on, I decided it was time to count my blessings, stop being a slug, and make my body work for me. So back to Jazzercise I go! Now, before you judge, this NOT the workout you are probably thinking of:

It actually combines dance, weight training, Pilates, aerobic conditioning, and more! A one hour class can burn up to 600 calories and you get to dance to great music and have fun! My goal is to do 3 classes a week until spring break, then I hope to add in some extra conditioning classes as a last push before summer. I've done Jazzercise off and on for over 10 years and it works for me...if I actually go!

I also decided to see if I could find some new products I love, as I've been in a kind of makeup rut. Enter Ulta! Whoa! I love to shop for bargains, so finding a place that offers rewards and coupons for makeup? Score! New favorites so far:

Pop Face Magnet Primer

This primer has caffeine in it, which wakes up your skin, helps to minimize redness, and makes your foundation last like crazy!

 

Ulta brand Lipstick

It goes on so smoothly, the colors are beautiful, and it sells for $8 but was on sale for $4!

 

Ulta brand Tinted Lip Balm

My new favorite thing to keep in my desk at school. Just enough color and lots of moisture. Love!

I think I'm becoming a little Ulta obsessed. What are some of your favorite products that I should try???

2 comments:

  1. SO RELIEVED to hear the good news!!!!! So, so relieved and I know you guys are too! Good for you on the jazzercize. Your pic cracked me up. I'm interested to try this Pop Face primer! You'll have to post more once you've been using it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and PS- you should check out the Benefit They're Real mascara at Ulta! It's my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete