Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Merry Christmas and a Titanium New Year

Christmas around here began all holly and jolly! One of the ladies at school challenged me to sport a fun holiday look, so on our tacky sweater day at school, this happened:

It was a hit more so with the adults than the six year olds and I won the contest! Such fun! I can't believe the wiggly eyes stayed put all day and that I managed to conduct a perfectly professional ARD meeting, too. Parents must think teachers are totally nuts.

I got my wish of a pink Christmas tree this year:

I actually managed to get the tree half price after Christmas last year with my sweet sister's help. Score!

David and I enjoyed a quiet Christmas Eve together, starting with dinner at Cheesecake Factory(courtesy of a generous gift card from a precious student) and a little fun in downtown Grapevine to see the lights!

We celebrated with both sides of the family and our own furry babies, too.

One not so fun part of my break however included getting a call after my yearly mammogram that once again, a spot had been found that needed further scrutiny. Back I went for a diagnostic mammogram, followed by an equally exciting sonogram on New Year's Eve. It was then determined that I didn't just have nice clear cysts, but a tiny mass on the left side. Today's fun included a needle aspiration, followed by an ultrasound guided core biopsy. The doctor said it looks to be another fibroid tumor---just like last time, a little over a year ago. Results should come in by Monday, so fingers crossed that I dodge the same bullet twice! And for those keeping track, I now have 2 titanium chips, one on each side---marked for the surgeon "just in case" and so the areas can easily be monitored in the future. Tylenol, an ice pack, and a healthy dose of care and attention from my ever sweet husband make it all better! Here's to starting 2014 in a memorable way, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment