Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The One Where I Get Mocked

For some reason today I woke up and realized "Holy moly...spring is almost done and my "spring training" hadn't started yet. Sigh....
Now, I'm no athlete by any stretch of the imagination, but I like to do enough to keep the jiggle out of my wiggle...or something like that. So, I had my country tunes twangin' away and was about 30 minutes into my rigorous (ha!) Week 1, Day 1 of Couch to 5 K, when I glance over my shoulder and see 2 cutie patootie teenage girls doing a pretty funny Phoebe-like run a few steps behind...hmmmm. And the minute they see that I see them, they stop and walk nonchalantly away. In an instant I realize, I AM Phoebe but without the selfless joy for running. Oh well, 25 years from now those beautiful teenage girls may find themselves in the same shoes I now wear. Running to keep time away. Running to just keep going. Just running and thankful, so thankful that I am able to do so!
Let spring training begin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment