Friday, May 10, 2013

Why I Celebrate Mother's Day

I'm not gonna sugar coat it. This time of year is tricky. It would be easy to wallow in the coulda-woulda-shoulda, but what good does that do?

I celebrate Mother's Day because I have been blessed with a mother that loves me, nurtured me, and gave me an amazing beginning on this wonderful journey we call life.

While not a mom myself (details here), I also celebrate Mother's Day because of this:

"How ironic that Teacher Appreciation Week ends right when Mothers' Day weekend begins. I want to thank you for being more than just a teacher to our children. Because ONLY a teacher can understand when someone asks us, "Do you have any children?" what we mean when we say, "Yes, 25+." So Happy Mothers' Day!" - Joe Martin, Ed. D.

I've been blessed with hundreds of kids over the past 19 years of teaching. While I may not get to tuck them in at night or put them through college (silver linings, right?), I hope that I've nurtured them and helped give them an amazing beginning to this wonderful journey we call life.

Happy Mother's Day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment